Have you ever experienced severe throbbing headaches? If so, then you would know that a headache could disrupt your entire schedule and prevent you from performing your day-to-day activities with full efficiency.
Headaches are caused due to certain changes occurring in the regular brain’s chemical activities. Several reasons contribute to these changes and ultimately result in painful headaches. A few of them include:
- Strained or irregular bowel movements
- Underlying health condition
With the onset of summer, it is right to discuss and read more to learn different ways on how to beat or overcome headaches that are caused due to intense heat.
- Keep yourself hydrated all the time even if you do not feel thirsty. Liquids relieve pressure in the brain and the connecting nerves. Additionally, liquids help in blood circulation to the brain and to other parts of the body.
- Keep all the doors and windows facing the sun closed. Although, it is a good thing to allow natural light and fresh air inside, limit your exposure to the scorching heat. Allow only a limited amount of light to enter your rooms as more the exposure, more will your rooms be heated up causing a rise in temperature.
- Prefer to stay indoors at the peak hours such as late mornings, afternoons, and early evenings.
- Wear light-colored and loose fitting clothing.
- Protect your head with a cap and the exposed parts of your skin when outdoors.
- Yoga and meditation can help improve your blood circulation, thus prevent future incidents of headaches.
- Use warm to cold packs on your forehead, temples, and the back of your head to for a soothing relief.
- Take a warm bath or a cold shower to reduce the pressure inside your head. This will help alleviate
- Applying some of the soothing essential oils to your forehead and temples or inhaling the vapors of these oils will also help relieve headaches. Some of the best stress relieving essential oils include peppermint oil, lavender oil, basil oil, or eucalyptus oil.
- Have ginger. Ginger due to its anti-inflammatory property works well against headaches, sinuses, and migraines. You can either have raw ginger or make a decoction of ginger tea.
- Stop whatever you are doing and try to relax or sleep on it for some time until your headache lessens.
- Additionally, take long deep breaths, as this will improve your blood circulation and ease your headaches.